Dec 12, 2010

A New Calling!

This morning I got a email from my bishop, requesting an interview with me and my roommate Amy. I figured it was because he's supposed to be our home teacher. I know, a bishop as our home teacher. This is what happens when you're in a verrry small population of guys! Anyhow. I went in thinking that, but when we got into the chapel he asked to see me first. Then I got nervous. What could it be about!? I already had my tithing settlement.. I just got a new temple recommend.. I have a calling.. What could it be!?

I am now the 'enrichment cousellor' in the Relief Society Presidency. Let me tell you about shocker. I so was not expecting that one at all! I think my look of shock told President Spencer that too. I've been a relief society teacher for 3 months now, so I definitely did not go in thinking I was getting a new calling!

I'm nervous, but excited! The Enrichment Counsellor is charge of the activities and planning things, organizing. I am really pumped to start working on things and work together with the presidency! Life throws you surprises when you least expect it! Wish me luck! :)

3 comments:

Shayla said...

Danielle, that is so awesome!
You will be fabulous at that calling. So are you going to have two callings?

DANIELLE said...

Oh heck no, haha I got released from teacher and am just the counsellor now!

Lauren Bennett said...

Don't worry, you'll do great! If you need any ideas or whatever, chuck me an email. It seems like a daunting task but it feels good when each activity is over!