Apr 7, 2011

He left us with Rebecca Black..

17 years ago this week a legend left this world WAY too early. That legend was named Kurt Cobain, lead singer of Nirvana. Now I realize, I was only 7 when it happened, I wasn't quite that hardcore as a youngin. I think I was in grade 8 the first time I heard a Nirvana song on the radio and I fell in love. I am still fascinated with the tortured artist Kurt was. His guitar skills, meh, but his lyrics? Incredible. Pure art and so real. I so wish I could have been older in that time to see him live, back in the day when people actually sang live ( I still love you B-Spears) Anyway- Here is paying tribute to an incredible legend who's music I hope never dies! They could have done so much more, but here's to what he left behind! I have too many favourites to pin-point just one, so just go listen to them all. Heart-Shaped Box and Smells Like Teen Spirit are at the top of my list if that helps. RIP Kurt! You went way too soon! At least you left crazy Courtney Love. Go enjoy some Nirvana now!

2 comments:

Britt said...

Do you remember when we watched the Kurt Cobain biography on the Biography Channel?

DANIELLE said...

yesss! it was so great. oh such good times.