Aug 23, 2013

Big Changes!

I've been having a mid life crisis at 26. The past month or two I've felt lost in what I should do with my life. I quite like my life in Saskatchewan, but should I move? Get a new job? Shave my head Britney style? The options were endless. Out of no where a friend from SIAST sent me a message about a job opportunity in the same company she worked for wanting an Executive Housekeeper. I wasn't really looking to change jobs, but out of interest and curiosity in the position I sent her my resume to pass on. Life went on per usual with my thoughts on what to do with myself. A few weeks later I was contacted by this company, they were interested in my resume and wanted to know more about my great self.

Well, to save us all A LOT of time that I was not saved, this process went on for about 2 1/2 months. I swear each time I talked to them they were offering me some new position, often switching locations, etc. Then I'd hear nothing, get frustrated and swear them off forever which they took as please! offer me more things! and would contact me the day after my rage black outs. Each time I got so excited as the possibility of something new, and each time it never worked out and I finally just gave up and decided it obviously wasn't working out for a reason.

Today that all changed. I got a call from the manager who has been gunning for me ( for some unknown reason. We've never met in person, he only knows me through texts, calls and my resume. We're very close) finally got his way and I got a job offer. I was excited, scared, sad, worried, a little overwhelmed with emotion. I don't hate my current job by any means. But I've been there for a year and 4 months and while I've learned a lot, had great opportunities, there's no where to grow or move up. Where I am now, is where I'll always be. When I came to that realization is was disheartening and it's when the need for change set in.

So to end this rant, I accepted the job. I will be working in Estevan, Saskatchewan. It's about 4 hours away from Saskatoon. The company is called PTI, it's an oil company. I'll be doing a combo position of Front Officey/Reception and Executive Housekeeper. I'll be working 19 days on, 9 off where i'll go back to Saskatoon. It's a huge change, i'm nervous, sad to leave my staff, it's a lot to take in but i'm excited. I've never even been to Estevan, but I've researched it a little on the internet and it doesn't look too terrible! I found some great pictures to make you feel like you've been there. You're welcome.

I quit my job at the Days Inn which was terrifying so it's legit. This is happening. Next Wednesday I go to Edmonton for Orientation and then in a few weeks I start down in Estevan. Deep breaths. Change is good! Surrounded by riggers i'll clearly meet my future love. It's all meant to be! Wish me luck!



2 comments:

lo.bennett111 said...

Yay! You got the job! Sweet moola in the morning! (Remember when we used to say that?) Anyway, you staying with Chris or what? SO happy for you! Good luck with all the new-ness! I"m excited for you.

DANIELLE said...

haha I do! We were and are so cool. I am staying with Chris. He'd die without me. On my days off i'll come back to Saskatoon to our house. And thanks! I'm excited :)